High Porosity Professional Planting Mix
This pre-moistened mix provides increased drainage and faster drying
for bedding and potted crops. It's "grower friendly" for
easy handling and use.
Mix Characteristics Include:
- Extra perlite for added porosity
- pH-stable pre-moistened sphagnum peat and perlite mixture
- pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
- High nutrient and pH buffering
- A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agents
- Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve balance
- "Grower friendly" composition that's easy to handle
- Rooting crops
- Hanging baskets and large pots
- Foliage crops
- Bedding plant crops
- Sprinkler irrigated crops
- Pre-moistened sphagnum peat moss
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering is optimized in this blend.
Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container
with the high nutrient exchange capabilities. Weekly liquid feeding
is desirable; however, due to the excellent nutrient buffering,
this blend will require less feeding than most. Monitoring soluble
salts is always recommended in any medium.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and
transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening,
especially if the medium gets excessively dry.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This
allows for thorough watering without the problem of a perched
water table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage
in BACCTO High Porosity Professional Planting Mix. This formulation
is designed for use in most crops.
- Water Holding is good in this blend. horticultural peat
in combination with the added aggregates produces a blend that
is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. You
can water less frequently with this blend.
- Low Cost. Due to the location of our facilities and the
ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume,
we can supply the best possible planting blend at this low cost.
Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per
container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Light Weight is an advantage of peat-lite blends when
shipping the finished crop. It allows for easy handling of the
pots and containers in the greenhouse.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this
blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material
easy to handle and desirable to plant into. It is neither sticky
nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of
- Low Run Off of fertilizers and pesticides is a feature
of this mix. It has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.) that
holds the nutrients in the root-zone plant use. Less nutrient
leaching occurs and less fertilizer could be needed by the crops.