Professional Planting Mix
BACCTO Professional Planting Mix is a high quality scientifically
formulated growing media to ensure the optimum growth potential.
This professional mix is blended in a special system that provides
uniformity, easy handling, and the highest possible consistency
from shipment to shipment. Pre-moistened BACCTO Professional Planting
Mix is formulated to enhance the growth of bedding and potted crops
in flats, pots, and hanging baskets where higher moisture reserves
and shelf life are needed.
Mix Characteristics Include:
- pH-stable pre-moistened sphagnum peat and perlite mixture
- pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
- High nutrient and pH buffering
- A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agents
- Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve balance
- "Grower friendly" composition that's easy to handle
- Bedding plants
- Potted plants
- Foliage crops
- Hanging baskets
- Nursery crops
- Seedling starting
- Filling planters and window boxes
- Repotting plants
- Ground and raised beds
- Rooting cuttings
- Pre-moistened sphagnum peat
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering are optimized in this blend.
Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container
with the high nutrient exchange capabilities. Constant liquid
feeding is desirable; however, due to the excellent nutrient buffering,
this blend will require less feeding than most. Monitoring soluble
salts is always recommended in any medium.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and
transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening,
in case it gets excessively dry.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This
allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water
table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO
Professional Planting Mix. This formulation can be successfully
used with most crops.
- Water Holding is optimal in this blend. Select quality
sphagnum peat is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough
watering. Wetting agents help to provide ease of watering.
- Low Cost. Due to the location of our facilities and the
ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume,
we can supply the high quality planting blend at a cost-effective
price. Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the
cost per container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Light Weight is an advantage of peat-lite blends when
shipping the finished crop. It allows for easy handling of the
pots and containers in the greenhouse.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this
blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material
easy to handle and desirable to plant into. It is neither sticky
nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of
- Low Run-Off of fertilizers and pesticides is a feature
of this mix. It has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.) that
holds the nutrients in the root-zone for plant use. Less fertilizer
could be needed by the crops, which would also reduce run-off.