High Density Professional Planting Mix
Sandy loam soil is added to our pre-moistened sphagnum peat and
perlite mixture to add weight and provide an air/water balance that
assists in maintaining crop consistency and plant viability.
Mix Characteristics Include:
- pH-stable pre-moistened sphagnum peat, perlite and sandy loam
- pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
- High nutrient and pH buffering
- A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agents
- Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve balance
- "Grower friendly" composition that's easy to handle
- Provides added stability in containers and easier height control
- For anchorage and stability where a heavier base is needed
- Foliage crops
- Bedding crops
- Terrariums and interior plantscapes
- Long-term crops
- Outdoor growing
- Pre-moistened sphagnum peat moss
- Coarse perlite
- Sandy loam soil
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient Buffering is high in this blend. Nutrients are
less likely to leach out of the bottom of the pot with the high
nutrient exchange capabilities of this mixture. Weekly liquid
feeding is desirable in this blend, but avoid the build-up of
soluble salts due to leaching.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and
transplanting. Blending with the sandy loam increases the wettability
of the mix.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in this mix. The
built-in air porosity allows thorough watering without the problem
of a perched water table and waterlogged roots. This formulation
is designed for use with most crops. If you're familiar with the
soil/peat mixtures, this is the mix for you.
- Water Holding is optimal in this blend. This mixture
is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. Wetting
agents help to provide ease in watering. Sub-irrigation works
well with this medium.
- Heavier Weight is an advantage in stabilizing top-heavy
plants. This medium provides long-term stability for pots and
containers, as well as in bedding plant flats.
- Low Cost. Due to the location of our facilities and the
ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume,
we can supply the high quality planting blend at this low cost.
Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per
container and couple that with the degree of performance.