Bark 1000 Professional Planting Mix
BACCTO Bark 1000 Professional Planting Mix is a scientifically
formulated growing media designed for the optimum growth potential
in bedding plant containers. This blend is carefully formulated
for long-term plantings in smaller containers, such as flats and
smaller pots, Bark 1000's physical properties allow for thorough
watering, while maintaining good air porosity and moisture reserves.
Mix Characteristics Include:
- pH-stable pre-moistened sphagnum peat, processed pine bark and
- pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
- High nutrient and pH buffering
- A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agent
- Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve balance
- "Grower friendly" composition that's easy to handle
- Nursery crops
- Bedding plants
- Transplant production
- Foliage crops
- Moisture sensitive crops
- Hanging baskets
- Potted plants
- Ground and raised beds
- Filling planters and window boxes
- Repotting plants
- Aged screened pine bark
- Pre-moistened sphagnum peat
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering are a feature of this blend.
Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the flat
with the high nutrient exchange capabilities of our unique peat.
Weekly liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to good nutrient
buffering, this blend will require less feeding than many competing
blends. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended in any
medium and should be done weekly to insure proper nutrition.
- Freedom from Insects and Disease are important properties
in growing mixes. BACCTO Bark 1000 blend is essentially free of
insects and diseases. Using the latest in technology and a wealth
of experience, all precautions are taken to produce a clean blend
and to keep it clean.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and
transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid moistening,
especially if the grower dries the medium excessively. The bark
also helps make this mix easily wettable.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This
allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water
table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO
Bark 1000 Mix. This formulation is designed for use in most bedding
- Water Holding is good in this blend. Sphagnum peat in
combination with the added aggregates produces a blend that is
neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. You can
water less frequently with this blend.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this
blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material
easy to handle. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold
its texture throughout the life of a longer-term crop.