Bark 2000 Professional Planting Mix
Contrasted with Bark 1000, BACCTO Bark 2000 Professional Planting
Mix was developed for use with long-term crops, including poinsettias,
chrysanthemums, perennials, stock plants, and other potted crops
that require excellent drainage, while maintaining sufficient moisture
reserves. Bark 2000's physical properties allow for frequent irrigation
and faster dry down for moisture sensitive crops.
Mix Characteristics Include:
- pH-stable pre-moistened sphagnum peat, processed pine bark and
- pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
- High nutrient and pH buffering
- A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agent
- Excellent air porosity and high moisture reserve balance
- "Grower friendly" composition that's easy to handle
- Potted plants
- Stock plants
- Bedding plants
- Hanging baskets
- Ground and raised beds
- Filling planters and window boxes
- Repotting plants
- Foliage crops
- Moisture sensitive crops
Mix composition includes:
- Aged screened pine bark
- Highly buffered sphagnum peat
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Wetting agent
- Balanced nutrient package with trace elements
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering are features of this blend.
Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container
with the high nutrient exchange capabilities of our unique peat.
Weekly constant liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to good
nutrient buffering, this blend will require less feeding than
many competing blends. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended
in any medium and should be done weekly to insure proper nutrition.
- Freedom from Insects and Disease are important properties
in growing mixes. BACCTO Bark 2000 blend is essentially free of
insects and disease. Using the latest in technology and a wealth
of experience, all precautions are taken to produce a clean blend
and to keep it clean.
- Pre-Moistened Sphagnum Peat provides easy watering and
transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening,
especially if the medium gets excessively dry. The bark also helps
make this mix easily wettable.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This
allows thorough watering without the problem of a perched water
table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO
Bark 2000. This formulation is very desirable for use in most
crops that will be in containers for more than 10 weeks.
- Water Holding is good in this blend. Sphagnum peat in
combination with the added aggregates produces a blend that is
neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering. Coarse
additives help provide good drainage.
- Low Cost. Due to the location of our facilities and the
ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume,
we can supply the best possible planting blend at this low cost.
Quality has not been sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per
container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this
blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material
easy to handle. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold
its texture throughout the life of a long term crop.
|2 cu. ft. loose fill bags
|60 cu. ft. bulk bags